AHP Marketplace realizes not all students meet the eligibility requirements set forth by their university health insurance plan. This includes recent college graduates who need coverage while they look for employment. For students looking for individual options, Academic HealthPlans offers alternative coverage.
If you fit the criteria below, the AHP Marketplace might be for you.
- Attending school outside an HMO or PPO region
- No longer covered as a dependent under your parents’ plan, but ineligible for your university’s plan
- Your university does not offer a student health insurance plan
- You graduated and need medical insurance coverage until you find employment
- You are a part-time student and cannot participate in your school’s student health insurance plan
- You are between semesters or taking a leave from school
To purchase individual plans in Texas, Oklahoma, Illinois or New Mexico click on your state:
For other states please click here.
Learn more about how the AHP Marketplace can fit your needs. Contact us today.
Get student health savvy with our Academic Insights newsletter.