Department: Corporate Project Management
Type: Full Time
As a Business Analyst, you will:
– Collaborate with line management to evaluate existing systems and/or end-user needs to design, recommend, and assist in the implementation of complex system changes.
– Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems.
– Assist in the analysis of business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
– Initiate the analysis of and ensure adequate evaluation of system and stakeholder impacts.
– Develop project plans and monitor project scheduling and completion, and coordinate Information System efforts and customer needs to ensure expeditious response and resolution of system problems/issues.
– Serve as the system and process expert for customer base and other Information System departments.
– Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the organization and manage changes to such specifications (with leadership oversight through peer reviews).
– Develop an informed knowledge of the business unit being supported, as well as an understanding of the organization’s systems and capabilities in order to participate in project activities and research requests on an ongoing basis.
– Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirement gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
– Contribute in fundamental and quantitative analysis related to market structure, customer analysis, price discovery, and product performance.
– Participate in the research and development of new system application releases and coordinate the identification of interfaces for externally developed packages.
– Act as a liaison between business leaders, technology, and project team.
– Familiar with a broad-range of healthcare-related business and/or IT concepts, practices, and procedures.
– Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements and specifications.
– Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA), or similar Certification preferred.
– Experience in the healthcare industry or student insurance is a plus.
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Experience in Microsoft Visio, SQL Server, and Access preferred.
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Ability to set and achieve challenging goals, demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles, measure self against standard of excellence, recognize and act on opportunities, and take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
– Exhibit good listening and comprehension, express ideas and thoughts in written/verbal form, and keep others adequately informed.
– Dependable and committed individual.
– Develop alternate solutions to resolve issues in the early stages.
– Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, and exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
Copy and paste this link to apply for the job: https://apply.workable.com/risk-strategies/j/5FC63353BE/