What if we told you that you could make your heart and that special someone happy at the same time?
February is national Heart Health Month, and in the spirit of this season of love, we have a few heart conscious ways to show the ones you love that you care about them.
Here are 8 alternative (heart healthy!) options to give your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
- Strawberry-Orange Surprise Cupcakes
- These cupcakes may be tiny, but their taste is larger than life! If you have any loved ones that love a strawberry-orange combo, give this recipe a try.
- Pineapple-Coconut Tart
- Spring isn’t here yet, but these yummy tarts will take you to sunny paradise with every bite.
- Raspberry Mocha Ice Cream Brownie Cake
- Is there anything else to say? Raspberry, mocha, and ice cream all in one delicious cake. We can’t believe it’s heart healthy either!
- Vegan Watermelon Fruit Pizza
- Funny name, but this would be a great option for your kiddos. Leave a wedge blank and let your kids add their own toppings to the yogurt!
- Nutty Chocolate-dipped Macaroons
- An alternative twist on the classic box of chocolates. Packed with peanut butter flavor and dipped in chocolate, give this crunchy cookie a go this Valentine’s Day.
- Pecan-Apple Custards
- Feel free to indulge in this guilt free treat all day long. Unsweetened apple sauce, fat free milk and oatmeal pack a powerful punch when combined into this delicious dessert.
- Cranberry Crumble Bars
- The cranberry orange bars will have your loved ones coming back for seconds and thirds. Pop any extras in the freezer for a late night, guilt free treat.
- Crustless Pistachio-Topped Sweet Potato Pie
- A pie without crust? Stay with us. This pie is the gift that keeps on giving. Topped with crunchy cereal and pistachios, it’s even better the next day. Use any leftover topping with your breakfast yogurt.
Who knew being heart healthy could be so yummy? If you try any of these alternative Valentine’s Day options, be sure to tag us in your pictures using #ahpcare so we can share in the fun!