The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) advocates for the provision of high-quality health care through the development and adoption of nationally-recognized standards. The organization provides a valuable survey experience founded on a peer-based, educational approach to on-site review. The 3-year AAAHC Certificate of Accreditation demonstrates an organization’s commitment to provide safe, high-quality services to its patients. It is recognized by third-party payers, medical professional associations, liability insurance companies, state and federal agencies, colleges & universities, and the general public.
Although the application process may seem daunting, there are many ways a student health center can benefit from an AAAHC accreditation. Here are the top 7 reasons:
- Allows the organization to participate in on-going self-evaluation & peer review while providing knowledge of current health care standards.
- Exposure to “shared knowledge” and “best practices” with other accredited health centers.
- Tried and tested standards are already documented by AAAHC, no need to create from scratch.
- Opportunities to participate in additional industry surveys, studies, and data collection that are specific to the industry and often published in academic journals.
- Creates opportunities for health centers to form multi-disciplinary teams to work on important goals that are tied to a strategic plan.
- Helps the organization focus on providing a best-in-class student experience.
- Provides the campus with documentation to post in their health centers for patients and their families to know they meet industry standards of care.
Hopefully, you are one step closer to receiving your AAAHC accreditation and taking advantage of all the benefits the program has to offer.