The coronavirus (COVID‐19) outbreak is a rapidly evolving situation. As you work hard to keep your students safe and protected from the outbreak, we want you to know that we are working hard to be there for you.
Already, we’ve seen the impact of the pandemic on colleges and universities including school closures with online instruction requirements, cancellation of study abroad programs, and an influx of questions from students and parents regarding coverage for testing and treatment of COVID‐19.
The AHP team is prepared and fully staffed to partner with you and our health insurance partners to provide quick and accurate responses to these inquiries. We will continue to be available through normal communication channels to CARE for you and your students. The health and safety of our employees, students, and clients is our priority.
To ensure our employees are in the best position to navigate issues arising from COVID-19, AHP has created a Care Task Force Team, comprised of company leaders across all departments. This team touches base daily to discuss the latest developments as well as any changes that need to be made to current work practices so we can continue to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
Some of the ongoing actions we are taking include:
- Conversations with carriers regarding how COVID-19 will affect student health insurance plans
- Ongoing analysis of waiver & enrollment data to provide updates on how these are affected
- Updates and insights through our newsletter series
- Discussions with clients surrounding their response and how we can support
- Virtual support at student orientation either through a live webinar or pre-recorded video
A few of the steps we have already taken include:
- Coordinated with carriers to add COVID-19 updates on each college and university website
- Conducted internal training on how to answer questions around the testing and treatment of COVID-19
- Ensured access to telemedicine programs so students can receive 24/7 remote medical care
- Developed a contingency plan for AHP employees to work remotely to continue service and protect the health of our employees
- Provided access to an AHP Care Hotline through our Student Assistance Program to support students through this stressful time
We want you to know our plans cover your students whether they are on campus or remotely studying from home. Remember, our team is just a call away. Please let us know if we can support in any way.
President / CEO